““The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).”
We sing and talk of the name “Immanuel” so often during the Christmas season but rarely do we take minute to actually ponder over the meaning of this word- this name.
The angel commanded Joesph and Mary to name the child that would come into their family, into this earth as Immanuel- God with us!
Little did they know that though they would been the ones to look after this baby, to nurture him, to see him grow, to be with him always like any good parent would want and desire; that this baby inturn would be the one who would always been with them, never abandon them.
Immanuel! What a mighty name that is!
The Christmas season marks the history when a Baby named Immanuel was born. This season reminds that God has gifted the world a Savior, a King, Wonderful Counsellor, Prince of Peace to be with us always.
God is with you!
Such a powerful statement that is!
This season remember that no matter where you are in life, you serve a God that is always with you.
- You’re fighting a sickness, God is with you (He will give you healing, strength and endurance).
- You’re finances are tight, God is with you (He will provide).
- You’re struggling at work, God is with you (His power is greater than our weakness).
- You’re too afraid to face tomorrow, God is with you (His mercies are new every morning)
- You have unanswered prayers, God is with you (He will get you through the wait to a beautiful end)
- You’re exhausted with life, God is with you (Come to Him, He will give you rest)
So let’s remember that we serve Immanuel. We are not alone anymore. His presence will go before and with us, holding us safe throughout the journey!